Connect with us


Three bailed after Jesse, 17, dies in suspected Cambridge stabbing

Avatar photo



Three youngsters arrested on suspicion of murdering 17-year-old Jesse Nwokejiobi in Cambridge on Saturday have been released on bail until February.

A post-mortem examination is due to take place on Wednesday morning (23 November).

“However, it is believed he was stabbed in a targeted attack,” said a Cambridgeshire police spokesperson.

A 14-year-old boy was arrested at his home in Cambridge at about 11.30pm on Saturday night, while another 14-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy were both arrested at their homes in South Cambs around midnight the same night.


A 17-year-old boy who died in Cambridge on Saturday afternoon (19 November) has been named as Jesse Nwokejiobi.

All were arrested on suspicion of murder and have since been released on bail to return to Thorpe Wood on 20 February.

Superintendent Adam Gallop said: “We know there are a lot of people in the community who are talking about what has happened, including images and videos being circulated on social media.

“My plea is for parents and guardians to speak with their children and do the right thing by contacting us with information.

“I want to reassure the community that because they may have something on their phone, doesn’t mean they are in trouble, but evidentially it could help our investigation.”

Advertisements in-article

An early tribute to Jesse Nwokejiobi was provided to the Daily Mail by his girlfriend Ameliyah Grant, 18.

She told the Mail: “I have no words. There are no number of memories that will fill this void.

A 17-year-old boy who died in Cambridge on Saturday afternoon (19 November) has been named as Jesse Nwokejiobi.

“This is a nightmare; he did not deserve this.

“His soul was amazing, and he had the kindest heart. I feel blessed to have been a part of his story. He was my best friend, my soulmate, my everything. I cannot believe he is gone.”

Police were called by the ambulance service at 2.52pm on Saturday with reports of a stabbing in the vicinity of Logan’s Meadow.

Despite best efforts of paramedics, Jesse, of Edinburgh Road, Cambridge, was pronounced dead at the scene.


Read More