Connect with us

Breaking

Bluntisham and Sutton murders: Only one suspect remains in custody

Avatar photo

Published

on

A single suspect remains in custody following the murder of father and son Gary and Josh Dunmore.

Cambridgeshire police confirmed this afternoon that two others arrested in connection with the double murder in Cambridgeshire “have been released with no further action taken”.

A police spokesperson said: “The 27-year-old man and 33-year-old woman had been arrested in the early hours of Thursday in Cambridge.

“It followed the shootings of two men at homes in Meridian Close, Bluntisham, and The Row, Sutton.

Advertisements
Pictures

“A 66-year-old man, of no fixed abode, remains in custody.”

The man was arrested after a police operation on the M5 near Worcester and a firearm recovered. Ammunition was also recovered.

The story began to unfold on Wednesday when police were called to Meridian Close, Bluntisham, at just after 9pm with reports of gunshots.

They found the body of Josh Dunmore inside his home with a gunshot wound.

Advertisements
canopyuk.com in-article

Then at 9.37pm, police received a call from a person in Sutton, near Ely, again reporting hearing gunshots.

The body of Gary Dunmore was found at his home in The Row, also with gunshot wounds.

“A car that was believed to have been used by the offender, a white Peugeot 208, and a shotgun have been recovered,” said the police spokesperson.

The properties in Meridian Close and The Row have been cordoned off and police officers remain at the scenes.

Detective chief superintendent Jon Hutchinson, of Cambridgeshire Police, confirmed said his officers had quickly established the connection between the shootings at Bluntisham and at Sutton, a few miles away.

Police say their primary line of investigation is that of a “familial issue” and could involve a custody battle.

Det Chief Supt Hutchinson said that may change “as information develops in the hours ahead”.

Facebook

Read More